Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eclipse 3.5+ Internal Browser/Flash on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucix Lynx

I am developing an eclipse plugin for the test of which I need the support of eclipse internal browser with Flash support enabled. As I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, there seems to be a bug introduced in understanding the swt-mozilla-gtk-xxxx.so plugin for eclipse in connection with XUL Runner. It also complains about a MOZILA_FIVE_HOME environment variable.

My configuration is:
eclipse: 3.5.2
XUL Runner 1.9.1.9

There is also a complete discussion on the same topic here. But this would be useful if you're using eclipse as a bundle in Ubuntu. I am using an eclipse package downloaded from eclipse web site.

My workaround to this was run eclipse through the following script:
xuldir=/usr/lib/xulrunner-$(/usr/bin/xulrunner --gre-version)
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$xuldir${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} exec /path/to/eclipse/eclipse "$@" 

Also, I added the following VM options to eclipse.ini after -vm segment:
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1.9

Before applying, make sure you have the same configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment